Guess who has two thumbs and was nominated for a Liebster Blog Award? This gal!
Okay, it was a lame, played out joke but still very exciting news for this blogger. I've been blogging for nearly two years and still working on building a following. I'd seen numerous bloggers nominated for this award and yearned (yes, I realize that sounds dramatic) to be nominated. Well, the day has come! All thanks to my friend, Cajmonet, at Natural Beauty Divas.
Before I announce who I've nominated for a Liebster Blog Award, I will answer the questions Cajmonet asked me to answer. There are some great questions.
1. What is your favorite post from your blog?My favorite post from my blog is "Take a Front Seat." It isn't my most popular post but it summarizes the message I hope my blog relays to readers.
2. What is one of your guilty pleasures?Hands down it's a Starbucks Mocha Frappuccino, 2% milk, no whip. I've mentioned my "addiction" to Starbucks before and I think I've finally reached a control point. At least, here's hoping.
3. What is your favorite vacation spot?This is quite possibly the best conversation starter. I love talking with people about where they've traveled. My favorite vacation spot is Paris. I know that sounds so hoity toity but it's a magical city. I'm the type of traveler that enjoys exploring and learning on my vacations. Laying on a beach isn't necessarily my cup of tea.
4. Dark chocolate, milk chocolate, semisweet, or white?Dark chocolate all the way!
5. What is one of your favorite blogs to follow?This is a hard question. There are a number of blogs that I regularly read and it depends on my mood. Generally, I always read Apartment Therapy. They post home tours and before and after posts often. Home tours satisfy my nosiness and I'm a sucker for before and after pictures.
6. What is the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?What a great question?! I haven't eaten anything really weird. Duck and goat are most adventurous things I've ever eaten.
7. If you aren't a full-time blogger, what is your "day job"?I'm not a full-time blogger; however, I am a full-time Employment Counselor.
8. What is the best movie of all time?This is by far the hardest question to answer. It varies depending on my mood. "Midnight in Paris" is a great movie to watch if you love nostalgia and Paris. "Brown Sugar" is my go-to when I want a little romance and music.
9. What is one lesson you've learned since starting your blog?I am still very much in the learning stage of blogging. The thing that I've found I need to improve is to post more consistently. I've learned that by doing so my analytics are higher. I've also learned that you NEED to have blogging friends, which is why I love this award. It gives you a chance to make new blogging friends.
10. What is your favorite holiday?Halloween!
11. What is your favorite quote?"When you know better, you do better." - Maya Angelou
And now...drum roll please....
I have nine amazing blogs that you should definitely check out. All deserving of the Liebster Blog Award.
For the nominees, I ask you to answer the following questions in your Liebster Blog Award post.
1. Why did you start blogging?
2. What are your most popular posts and your favorite?
3. How do you like to pamper yourself?
4. What is one item on your bucket list that you want to cross off the most?
5. What have you crossed off (completed) your bucket list?
6. How do you escape from negativity?
7. What is your favorite inspirational quote?
8. Do you create New Year's Resolutions? If so, what are some of yours for 2014?
9. What is your favorite meal?
10. What dream are you striving for?
I wish all of my nominees the greatest success in their blogging endeavors. Please pass the Liebster Blog Award onto fellow bloggers by nominating 5-10 bloggers and asking them 10 questions.